Online Tools for Land Management: Drop-in training
Indigenous Services Canada
Meet with your own personal trainer! Bring your questions and get hands-on experience using internet-based tools for reserve lands, such as:
- the Indian Lands Registry System (ILRS),
- the Electronic Registry Index Plan (eRIP),
- Natural Resources Canada’s Map Browser,
- Survey Plan Search and the Canada Lands Survey Plan Overlay for GoogleEarth.
A laptop will be provided.
Feel free to drop in any time throughout the day. A sign-up sheet will also be available in the room if you wish to reserve a specific time to get individualized training.
What Participants will Learn by Attending
- Find maps and images of reserve lands using GoogleEarth, Map Browser, eRIP
- Look up survey plans with NRCan’s Plan Search
- Create reports for individual lots and entire reserves with the ILRS
- Find copies of registered documents in the ILRS, such as Band Council Resolutions (BCRs), leases, transfers (this is only available using the internal ILRS – First Nation staff can request access to be granted by contacting IT Services at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Individual Land Holding specialist from Indigenous Services Canada